Article I: Committees
- Section 1. The Board of Directors may create and dissolve special committees to carry out programs of the organizations.
- Section 2. The membership of all committees may include librarians and staff of member libraries as well as the chief administrative librarians.
- Section 3. Appointment of the Budget Committee Appointment by Coordinator at the 1st Fall business meeting each year. Committee shall include Treasurer, Coordinator and one other Director. Committee to serve for a term of one year.
- Section 4. Duties of the Budget Committee: Review annual operating expenditures. Prepare annual budget and propose dues structure for coming year, for presentation to Directors by end of calendar year.
Article II: Coordinator
- Section 1. A Coordinator shall be elected bi-annually, at the last meeting in the spring by a majority of the directors present and voting.
- Section 2. The duties of the Coordinator shall be: To act as chairperson of the board of directors; to call meetings, set the agendas, and preside at meetings of the board; to maintain complete and accurate records of all organizational business and correspondence; to prepare such materials or draft such correspondence as may be assigned by the Board of Directors. The Coordinator may co-sign with the Treasurer or other persons designated by the Board, checks and other documents relating to organizational business.
Article III: Treasurer
- Section 1. A Treasurer shall be elected bi-annually in the alternate year to the election of the Coordinator. Election shall be at the last meeting in the spring by a majority of the Board of Directors present and voting.
- Section 2. The duties of the Treasurer shall be: To receive all monies of the organization and to have custody thereof; to deposit the funds of the organization in one or more banks selected by the Board of Directors; to disburse funds in accordance with the directions of the Board and upon the signatures of persons designated by the Board; to keep records of all monies received and paid out; to make such financial reports as requested by the Board; to keep custody of all deeds, securities, notes, contracts, and financial papers of the organization; to cause the books of the organization to be audited at least once every 5 years or within six months from the time a new treasurer takes office.
Article IV: Secretary
- Section 1. The duties of the Secretary will be rotated at each meeting among the Board of Directors, alphabetically by the names of the member institutions.
- Section 2. The duties of the Secretary shall be: To record the minutes of the meeting, and to distribute the minutes of the Board of Directors.
Article V: Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of the organization shall commence on July 1 and end on June 30 of each year.
Article VI: Amendments
These laws may be amended by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
Article VII: Parliamentary Authority
The latest edition of Robert's Rules of Order shall govern the organization in all matters not covered by these by-laws.
Article VIII: Effective Date
The By-laws shall become effective immediately upon adoption by a three-quarters vote of the Board of Directors.